I once watched a style-makeover show on a lifestyle channel, and it was an episode where a guy wants her girlfriend to get out of her regular sweatpants and sweatshirts and don on something more stylish, instead. There were major dissing on the hooded sweaters and the sweatpants in the girl’s possession, and I felt truly sorry for the girl because I would turn into a Gone Girl if I watch my own sweatshirts being shredded into pieces.
And while at it, I realized that how bad the media has turned into – we were fed with what’s pretty and what’s not through these shows. If a girl loves her sweats so much, she should be allowed to wear it! Instead, she turned into someone else at the end of the episode in a dress that I don’t think she likes.
I love sweats, and I think they’re more than just comfort clothing. Sweats can be stylish, and here are the best ways, in my opinion, to rock those sweats.
1. With a pair of loafers and a plain t-shirt!
2. With a cropped halter top and a clutch!
3. With a cute denim jacket and a lazy pair of flip flop.
4. Or with just a basic sweater.
5. Go minimalistic like Kendall…
6. …or add a cap for a sportier look.
7. What about a varsity jacket for the uni student?
8. Or go urban hipster with a graphic tee?
9. Who says girls can’t rock sweatshirts and snapbacks?
10. And lastly, go cosy with a beanie.